|您现在的位置： 乐山四中网站 >> 文章频道 >> 教工风采 >> 英语组 >> 正文||今天是：|
|作者：罗琴 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2006-9-25||
1. ______was in 1979______ I graduated from university.
A. That; that B. It; that C. That; when D. It; when
2. ______ is a fact that English is being accepted as an international language.
A. There B.This C.That D. It
3. Tom’s parents kept telling him to work harder, but ______didn’t help.
A. he B. it C. those D.they
4. What a pity my new computer didn’t work.. ______ must be something wrong with it.
A. It B. That C. There D. This
5. Someone is knocking at the door. Who can ______ be?
A. he B. she C. it D. this
6. I bought the book yesterday, ______ was interesting.
A. which B.it C. that D.one
7. You have two apples, please ______ to him.
A. it B.them C. one D. that
8. According to the weather forest ______ is going to rain today.
A. it B.that C. the climate D. the weather
9. It was for this reason _______ her uncle moved out of New York and settled down in a small village.
A.which B.why C. that D. how
10. I don’t know the reason ______ he hasn’t come here.
A.that B.why C. which D.how
11. Was it in 1969 _______ The American astronant succeeded ______ landing on the moon.
A. when; on B.that; on C. when; in D. that; in
12. It was ______ he said ______ disappointed me.
A.what; that B.that; what C. what; what D.that; that
13. It was ______ she was about to speak that the bell rang.
A.which B.when C. where D.whom
14. It was ______ in the shop ______ I met your brother the other day.
A.where B.that C. in which D.in that
15. It was not ______ she took off her dark glass ______ I realized she was famous film star.
A.when; that B.until; that C. until; when D.when; then
16. --- Is it for two months ______ they have stayed here.
--- No, it is only three weeks ______ they arrived here.
A.when; that B.that; when C. that; since D.since; before
17. It was because of bad weather ______ the football match had to be put off.
A.so B.so that C. why D.that
18. Was it in this place ______ the last emperor died?
A.that B.in that C. in where D.which
19. ______ to find the new department store.
A.It took me a long time B.A long time took me
C. I took it a long time D.A long time were taken
20. It was ______ the pupils do in their spare time ______ really prepares them to take their place in society as citizens.
A.what; that B.that; that C. that; what D.what; what
21. --- Have you heard the news about Tom?
--- No, what ______ ?
A.is it B.it is C. are they D.they are
22. Someone is knocking at the door. Who can ______ be?
A.he B.she C.it D.this
23. --- ______ Yang Mei thought?
--- Sorry, I’ve got no idea.
A.What is that B.What was it that C. What it was that D.That what it was
24. --- Who is making so much noise in the garden?
--- ______ the children.
A.They are B.It is C. That is D.There are
25. It was liberation ______ brought about a complete change in our life.
A.when B.that C. who D.which
26. I was disappointed with the film, I had expected ______ to be much better.
A.that B.this C. one D.it
27. I hate ______ when people talk with their mouth full.
A.it B.that C. these D.them
28. --- Do you like ______ here?
--- Oh, yes. The air, the weather, the way of life. Everything is so nice.
A.this B.these C. that D.it
29. Who was ______ that called him “comrade”?
A.her B.that C. it D.one
30. Was it ______ he said or something that he did ______ made her cry so sadly?
A.that; which B.what; that C. that what D.what; which
31. The climate of South China is better than ______ of Japan.
A.it B.that C. one D.this
32. --- Is this knife yours?
--- No, it’s Xiao Zhang’s. Mine is ______ on the desk.
A.it B.the one C. that D.which
33. It was ______ she finished her composition.
A.until last week that B.not until last week that
C. until last week when D.not until last week when
34. It was with great joy ______ he received the news that his lost son had been found.
A.because B.which C. since D.that
35. It is no use ______ over spilt milk.
A.cry B.to cry C. crying D.cried
1. It was a pen that Tom found on the desk..
2. It are they that make the mistakes.
3. It was saw That I Tom in the park yesterday.
4. It is that is doing the work.
5. It was in the street which I met Mr. Smith yesterday.
6. It was until this morning that he didn’t find his lost wallet.
7. I really don’t know where was it that the old man had his pocket picked.
8. Does this matter if he can’t attend our party?
9. He made it is clear that he was not interested in this subject.
10. The distance is five kilometers from the office to my home.
THE USE OF “IT”
I. Tell what the word “it’ in each sentence refers to and what its function is. Then translate them into Chinese.
1. It is already eight o’ clock. Let’s get started. ( )
2. It’s a long way to the zoo. ( )
3. It was fine yesterday and it was likely to be fine today. ( )
4. Take the flashlight with you. It is dark inside. ( )
5. It is stuff here. Will you please open the window? ( )
6. It is Friday, the second of April. ( )
7. --- What’s that?
--- It is a crocodile. ( )
8. --- Who is it?
---It is me, the postman. ( )
9. It has been raining for more than three hours without stopping. ( )
10. --- How far is it to the airport?
--- About fifty miles. ( )
II. Rewrite the sentences , using “it”.
1. To see you is nice.
2. Not to take his advice is foolish.
3. To believe him is impossible. ( I find )
4. To send the letter by airmail is better. ( I think )
5. To go there by plane will take you about 2 houes.
6. To have an opportunity to talk to you today is a great honour. (I consider)
7. That he didn’t stop to talk to you was strange.
8. That we wouldn’t accept your gift was clear to you. ( We made )
9. Talking to him again is no use.
10. Doing such an experiment again is worthwhile. ( Do you consider )
III. Put into English.
1. I saw him in the park the other day.
2. He was to blame.
3. I found a coin on the floor.
4. He left his gloves in the theatre.
5. The meeting was held the day before yesterday.
6. I didn’t receive the parcel until this morning .
7. I couldn’t realize his mistake until his friends pointed it out .
8. What do you need to create life.
9. English isn’t my first language.
10. He wrote this song when he was fishing.
11. Peter bought a magazine on his way home.
12. He couldn’t imagine that his son took him in.
13. I don’t think that you are brilliant.
14. his parents always think what he needs is money.
15. The policemen asked him when the accident happened.
16. Can you guess where he comes from.
17. I met a man who used to be your boss.
18. Can you find the key to the door.
19. He found that his money was stolen.
His being late made the teacher angry.